So, today is the start of Lent. I don't normally partake in lent, but I feel that this year is a good year to start. God gave it all when he allowed his son to die for our sins. Why can't I give up something that I love for 40 days to show my love for someone who died for my sins. I was thinking about it last night of all of the things that I love and something that would be meaningful enough to give up. Some people work on character traits, some completely fast (maybe I should do that), some give up soft drinks. I started making a list of my weaknesses and the first thing that came to mind was...... chocolate. I know, I can't believe I said but it is so true. My name is Ashley Deaver and I am addicted to CHOCOLATE. I like any kind of chocolate, dark, milk, brownies, you name it I love it. But for the next 40 days, I will not give in to my weakness. It is going to be so very hard, especially in the afternoon when I just have to have my chocolate fix but I can DO THIS! So, if you love me and you are my friend you will keep the chocolate away from me and help with this journey! This is like someone addicted to cigarettes giving them up, it's no laughing matter. I may have to even start chocolate anonymous but I WILL overcome this addiction! So GOOD BYE MY LOVELY CHOCOLATE, I WILL MISS YOU!!!!!!
Wednesday, March 9, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




No comments:
Post a Comment