Sunday, March 6, 2011

Getting Fit!!!

Well its that time ladies. You know the time that we have a love/hate relationship with SUMMER TIME!!!! I absolutely LOVEEEEE Summer. The fresh air, sand in between my toes, smell of the salt air, awww nothing could be better! EXCEPT........ if I was a size 6 right now so I would look good in a bathing suit. I just don't know what it is, but I feel like the bathing suits they come out with are getting smaller and smaller. It may possibly be that my butt is just getting bigger, I don't  know. At any rate, this BUTT has got to get into shape. So..... I started this week with a new plan which is excercising. Last year I was all about excercising and enjoyed it so much but this year I just don't have time for the gym. Robin (my neighbor and good friend) and I have started running. I know most of you can't picture my long legged clumsy self running, but I am. Thursday night was the first time we did it and I have to say that I felt like one of those 400 pound ladies on the biggest loser. I mean it's only been a couple of months out of the gym but boy I am out of shape. We are using this app on her ipod touch that is training for a 5K. It is quite intense, but we are going to do it. We haven't decided on a date, but we are definitly going to do it and we will be running in memory of our dads. Robin lost her dad last year, so she really knows how I feel right now. She has been a life saver for me. So, hopefully the next time that you see me, I will be almost bikini ready. I know I will probably NEVER be a size 6, but I just want for once in my life to feel good in a bathing suit!!!!

1 comment:

  1. I want to run a 5K too, so please keep me posted. Although I'm not doing any real training at the gym, just normal workouts.haha! By no means do you look anything like somebody on The Biggest Loser!! I have faith in you and I'm glad Robin has been so good for you. OH & I've given up on making my butt smaller...I think it's there to stay!haha

    ReplyDelete