Today marks 9 years since Grandma has been gone. There is not a day goes by that I don't think of her or wish that I could pick up the phone and talk to her. So this blog isn't going to be about the tragedy of how we lost her, but about some of the wonderful memories that I have of my special grandmother.
I have always been super special to my grandma, being the first grandchild. I was the first for a LONG time until the triplets came along. The one thing that I can say is she always still treated me special even after those precious boys came into this world. I absolutely LOVED going to stay with her and Lickety. It was definitely the place where you could get away with just about anything! We played paper dolls for hours, had coloring contest, watched scooby doo, and she would brush my hair for hours on end. I have always and still love for someone to brush my hair. I remember going to the dairy bar on Vernon Avenue to get ice cream and always being thirsty when she came to pick me up from school. It never failed she always had a caffeine free diet pepsi in her car that was nice and cold. I have never liked diet pepsi, but grandma's diet pepsi was always good.
Another time that I remember is when she took my best friend, Heath and I to the beach during the summer. We went down to Goose Creek and were going to go swimming in the pool. Heath went to get in the water and I noticed his legs. He had put on some spray tan on his legs and he was all streaked up. When he got out of the water, there was orange water running down his legs. We have never laughed so hard!!!!
When I was 15 I remember staying at her house and she found a lighter in my bag. I didn't smoke, but she thought that I did since she found that lighter. Being the sweet grandma she was, she never said anything to me. When I got home I started unpacking my bag and there was a note on yellow paper. She had wrote to me about how she found the lighter and that I was to pretty of a girl to smoke and how much it would disappoint her if I was doing that. She knew just what to say to not make me want a cigarette.
There are so many memories of her that I can't write them all down. She was an amazing woman and she loved her children and grandchildren to the moon and back. I know that was a very sick lady and she would have never did what she did had she not have been sick. I still know how she smelled and the older that my mom gets the more she smells like her. Grandma Dot, I gave you a key chain when I was 9 years old that said WORLD'S GREATEST GRANDMA! You were and always will be that to me and the boys! I LOVE YOU!
Monday, March 7, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


What a great photo of you two! You were her shining star, & we were blessed to have such influential grandmothers in our lives. Treasure these pictures as I can't find any old pictures with Mama Dean these days..
ReplyDeleteAwwww! Ash, that could not have been written any better. She sure did love us all and you are right. She was very sick and would not have left us like she did, if she hadn't been so sick. I miss her so much too! She was the BEST!!! I love you Ash!
ReplyDelete