Tuesday, March 29, 2011
TURN IT UP TUESDAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Tuesday is here again, I know it's everyone FAVORITE day! So, who is the lucky person today??? Who is the person that I have been thinking of since last week and just wanted them to feel special. That person is.................. Marlene Mattocks Pitts aka Moo Moo! Moo Moo is my aunt and has been Moo Moo to me ever since I can remember. She got her nickname because I couldn't say Marlene when I was little so I started calling her Moo Moo. Now, I think that more people call her Moo Moo than they do Marlene. Moo Moo is a very special lady to not only me, but to our family. She has been with my Uncle Jeff, well forever it seems like and they have one of those relationships too. One, that just works! They may have there spats or there moments where they get on each others nerves, but at the end of the day they are still in love and couldn't live without each other. Moo Moo and Jeff were very blessed almost 22 years ago with are you ready for this...... TRIPLETS! Yes, I said triplets. My aunt has 3 boys, Eric, Ethan, and Benjamin. They are the sweetest boys and have great work ethic and just all around good ole country boys. They all live in the small town of Dover, NC. If you don't know where that is then just look "BOONIES" it will be there! lol! They have a beautiful home and they own two businesses that have been very successful for I am thinking the last 25 years! Moo Moo is the one in the family that tells it like it is. There is no gray area it's just black or white. She comes off to be very tough sometimes, but in reality she is just a tender hearted love bug who would give the shirt off her back for her family. I have so many memories of her! All of the Christmas Eves at her house, hanging out by the pool, going shopping on good friday and our special trip to Washington one day. I will never forget it. I was in high school and I had a broken heart. I just couldn't stay at school so I called Moo Moo to sign me out. I rode with her to Washington and just talked all the way there. She told me all about when she was my age and how she had a broken heart and what I needed to do. She wrote on a piece of paper " If you love someone let them go, if they come back their yours, if they don't they never were". I kept that paper beside my bed for about 6 months and I looked at it everyday. I have always lived by that quote and I will never forget that time that I spent with her that day. It was just me and her! Since January, she has been more like my sister than my aunt. She has kept me and mom together when we were falling apart. I am so blessed that she is so close to mom physically and mentally. If I can't be there for mom then I know that Moo Moo has my back. Words can't explain how much she means to me and I just wanted her to know that I love her and that I thank her for all that she has done and all that she will continue to do! This song is a song that she told me was her favorite song!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment