Tuesday, March 22, 2011
Turn it Up Tuesday
Ok, so I said that I wasn't going to blog today b/c I had way to much to do, but I just can't miss turn it up Tuesday. So, I have been thinking the last couple of days about the person that I wanted to choose next and this person has been on my mind and is ALWAYS on my mind. So..... the special person today is Wanda Laurene (Chlorine lol) Mattocks White aka. MOM!!!! Mom has been going through so much this year with our lost of Mike and every week with something breaking or tearing up in the house. Any other person that I know would just give up and just break down. NOT MY MOM! She has a heart of Gold and love everlasting. She is the most determined woman I have ever met and I hope that I will one day be just like her. I have so many memories of my mom. We have always had and still have the closest bond that a mother and daughter could ever have. I know when I was six and she left my dad that she just didn't know how we were going to make it, but she had her mind made up and she always provided for me. From our first home in the trailor at Jackson Heights, to the apartment in town, to the house by Oak Bridge, to the farmhouse, to the ok I give up I can't name all those houses! lol! Anyways we have always stuck together. I remember before Mike moved in with us at the apartment we had a leak in the bathroom. Mom was determined that she was going to fix it. She turned off the water and was down there working as hard as she could. Me 7 years old with my hands on my hips looked at her and said " We don't need no man, do we mama"! We still stay that when we accomplish things on our own. Another time where she really showed her determination was when she decided to knock down a main wall in the farm house while Mike was gone. She got the sledge hammer and just started to it. Needless to say it was a great idea, but Mikey didn't think so when he got home. We then found out that it was a load bearing wall and he had to build a steel beam to keep it up. But, after that it looked great. What a visionary!!!!! She has always been one of those people that could see the good in everyone and always wants to give rather than receive. She would give me her last dime if I needed it and I am sure she has done that on more than one occasion. She has always taught me that WOMEN can do anythingthat men can do. She has been a very successful business woman and has always had a heart for people and customer service. She just has that nack for talking to people. I would always get so mad b/c we couldn't ever go anywhere when we didn't have to stop and talk to someone. Now, I know why b/c she has touched that many peoples lives. Through all that she has been through with losing her first marriage, her mother, her grandmother that raised her, now her spouse she has held true to the person that she is and has kept her head up and her faith in God. She is a good Christian woman and a leader. She has definitely fell in Grandma Dot's footsteps of being the World's Greatest Grandma to Jenna. She is a gleam in Jenna's eyes and I don't know what we would do without her in our life. I love you more than words can say mom. There are so many songs that remind me of you, but today this songs represents what you mean to me!I hope that you have never felt like you were in my shadow, b/c you have always took center stage in my heart!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




Your mom stopped by the house this past weekend! She is such a sweet lady. I am continuing to pray for her and your family!
ReplyDeleteShe loved the house and everything that you have done to it. She was so excited to be there and see the house. I really will stop by and come see it. I think I can do it now. Plus, I would love to see that playset that Reagan got!
ReplyDelete