Monday, March 14, 2011
Multiple Meltdown Monday
Happy Monday Everyone! Well, Jenna must have thought that this Monday was multiple meltdown Monday. This was definitely a trying morning for me. So, before I went to bed last night I got the coffee ready, laid my clothes out and got the kitchen cleaned up. We went to bed and sat the alarm. Josh and I talked about it and we thought that getting up 30 minutes earlier would de-stress out mornings. The alarm went off and that bed just felt ohhhh so good. We hit the snooze.... then hit the snooze again..... he finally got up and then.... I hit the snooze. At 10 minutes to 7 I got up. I put my clothes on ( I took a shower the night before, I don't go to work dirty) and got myself ready in 10 minutes. Yes, I am that good ladies, you can do this to if you set your mind to it ;). I go in there to get my sleeping princess out of the bed. She was NOT having it. She was so sleepy and just didn't want to get up. The first meltdown was over getting out of the bed. I moved her to the other bed to change her diaper and take her to the potty. 2nd meltdown occurred because she wanted to take her blanket to the bathroom. Try explaining to a 2 year old why she doesn't need to take her blankie or bunny to the potty at 7 in the morning! 3rd meltdown was she didn't want to wear what I had picked out and then she didn't want to put her clothes on, she wanted to stay in her xmas elmo pjs. I am sure the daycare ladies would talk about me then. I finally got her ready and then the 4th meltdown happened b/c she wanted to watch cartoons. That is my bribe in the morning if she gets ready early enough she can watch cartoon for 5 minutes. The only thing she didn't know was it was now 7:21. I am suppose to leave my house at 7:15. I let her watch 2 minutes of cartoons and told her it was time to go. Then she didn't want to leave or put her coat on. I had to chase her into the dining room and around the house to get her to the car. If you have ever seen the ladies holding the child sideways in there arms, that was me this morning. I finally got her in the car and buckled in. I gave her, her chocolate poptart and she said. "Mommy where is your chocolate poptart?" Meltdown occurred from me and I said " I CAN"T HAVE CHOCOLATE"! I felt like the Lord wouldn't have been upsetwith me b/c of the morning that I had, but I just couldn't do it. We go on to daycare, it is now 7:36. We get to daycare and the 6th meltdown occurred.She did not want to go into daycare. I had to pry her out of my car and explain that we would play outside this afternoon and that mommy had to go to work and that I was very late. I get her into daycare and put her down to walk down the hall. I looked behind me and there she was: arms crossed, lip poked out, head down. I said Jenna come on, her reply " Ok, but I don't WANT TO GO TO DAYCARE!" I got to the door of her room kissed her by and then had to push her little hands into the room so I could close the door.She was holding on to it so I couldn't shut it. Luckily Emily Buck came to the rescue and found Jenna's favorite doll and brought it to her. I could finally leave. I jump into my car and the time is now 7:46. I had this much time to get from Hookerton to Pitt Community College. I pulled in the parking lot at 8:04 and haled butt to my office upstairs. OHHH, the JOYS of motherhood! I wouldn't trade it for the world! So, how was your morning??????
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Now you know I think you are a wonderful person inside & out, but I have to say my favorite part of this was the mommy meltdown!! I am sure my sandwich artist in subway thought I was ridiculous when I busted out laughing reading this on my phone! Stay strong!! At least you know Jenna is in good hands & they will be handling all other meltdowns today. I hope your day gets better soon : )
ReplyDelete