Saturday, March 5, 2011

I love my little Toogie!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Most of you know, Jenna's nick name is toogie. But some of you don't know where TOOGIE came from. Toogie was one of the many nicknames that I had as a child. I think I got it when I was very small. My grandaddy Lickety (another nickname) gave it to me and everyone on my moms family started calling me that. Once I got a little older, it went away and I kept the nickname..... Sally. Don't know where they came from either except my dad called me that and it just stuck.

We started calling Jenna toogie, b/c Josh and I couldn't agree on a nickname. When she was really little I called her Little Miss and he called her Pee Tom. I absolutely detested the name Pee Tom. My beautiful daughter didn't look anything like a Pee Tom. So, we started talking about it and I started calling her toogie and it has really stuck. She answers to it all the time to anyone. I also think that it's super sweet that my friends love that name and have come up with there own versions of toogie.Ex. Toogie babe, toogalicious, toogie bear, toogiums, and the list goes on and on. So.... if you hear of a student at North Lenoir call someone toogie, it is all becuase my precious toogie made a lasting impression on someone and everyone feel in love with the name and her!

No comments:

Post a Comment