Good Thursday afternoon everyone! I am so excited about my blog today.Last night, I went to stay with my sweet mom. I normally stay with her at least one night a week during the week and then some on the weekends. The week night is our mother daughter time. I love Jenna dearly, but sometimes mommy needs a break and it is so nice to know that I can just go stay with my mom and be there for her and have that time away. It also helps with my grieving process. I feel so much closer to Mike when I am in there home and I am surrounded by his things. I can just feel his presence so much and it just eases my heavy heart. Well last night when I got there, my mom had a surprise for me and Jenna. She had 3 quilts made, one for me, Jenna, and herself. These are not just any quilts, they are super special. They are made out of all of Mikes old T-shirts and dress shirts. It was the best present anyone has ever given to me. The lady that made them is simply a jewel mom said. She is 85 years old and she made all 3 quilts in less than 2 months. Each stitch is done my hand with tender loving care. When I saw these I just lost it. It just made me so excited that I had apart of him. You can actually still smell him on those T-shirts. It just touched me so much that out of all of the hurt and pain that my mom is going through that she was still thinking of me and Jenna and how she wanted to do something for us. Jenna's quilt is the perfect size for her bed. I can hear her now"Mommy I sleep with my grandaddy quilt". I will post pictures of them as soon as I can, hopefully tonight. Thank you so much to my sweet mom who always thinks of others. You are a precious soul to so many and I love you dearly. You gave Jenna and I a gift that we will cherish forever!!!!!
Thursday, March 10, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

That is the sweetest gift & I can't wait to see it!! I know that you will always treasure that, your mom is simply amazing!! Love you!
ReplyDeleteThat is so sweet! I cannot wait to see them. I know you were so surprised. I love you!
ReplyDeleteI love you both. I will get a pic up here asap!
ReplyDeletePlease look at the pics. Notice the pic of me and Jenna. Right beside Jenna is an orb. THey say you see these in pictures when there is a spirit there. I know more than ever that Mikey is here with us!!!
ReplyDelete