Monday, April 18, 2011

Over the River and Through the Woods

So, tonight Jenna and I decided to go to my moms to visit and eat dinner with her. We had a great time and we left around 8:30. We actually have to go over the river and through the woods to get to grandmas house. One the way home, we always have to make sure that we drive slow and keep an eye out for deer b/c she  lives in the boonies. Before we could get down her road we saw 5 deer. I was showing Jenna and she was asking all about them. Then we went over the river and got to the end of another road. I saw a small girl and a man walking down the road and taking her through this wooden path. I thought it was strange b/c it was so late at night and my mommy mode starting kicking in. I turned left instead of right to make sure they came out of the woods and then realized they were going to a house in that neighborhood. I just get so scared with all of the kidnapping going on everywhere. I finally got my nervous calm from that and I turned on to Sharon Church Road. I was less than 3 miles from my house. I came around the corner and there it was......... a pair of BIG EYES, I slowed down, and then I slowed down some more...... and there it was in the middle of the road with ALL it's glory!!!!!! A BLACK COW!!!!!! yes I said A COW!!!!!!!!!!!!! I couldn't believe my eyes. I just stayed there in shock. I started beeping the horn and the cow just didn't know which way to go. He finally got out of the way so that I could go through.Jenna was in the back seat going " Mommy what's that, a cow? I could hardly contain myself from laughing so hard.Michael and I have a very funny story. We love to read church signs, but another past time of ours was listening to the scanner. There was an older black lady that used to dispatch in Greene County. She has since retired, but one time Michael was listening to her and a call came in "219,219, you need to go down there to West Road somebody done hit a cow!!!!" That was the funniest thing to us and we used to always say that when we thought of her. She was the best dispatcher b/c she knew where everyone lived so if the sheriff or EMS couldn't find it she would use landmarks or the names of people..
        I finally got up with Michael and I was laughing so hard I couldn't even tell him what just happened to me. When I told him he couldn't hardly believe me. I am still  laughing about that cow and I ended up calling the fire department for someone to go get it. I wouldn't want anyone having a 219 on Sharon Church Road!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment