Thursday, June 30, 2011

Mystery Flower

So yesterday, my lovely husband must have read my post and felt bad since I had to give him two hints so I got a mystery flower. My back was hurting yesterday so he told me that he would pick Jenna up. He decided after he picked her up that he would run to Grifton to that store and get me a gas station rose. Well of course.... his luck no gas station roses in Grifton. So he thought that just maybe the grocery store would have something. Here him and Jenna go into the grocery store to look for some kind of plant to bring home to me. Josh said that he had a pretty little flower picked out and Jenna was not having it. She had picked out one and that was the one that mommy was going to have. Josh decided that he wouldn't argue with her and bought the one she picked out. Meanwhile when I got off I decided that no matter how bad I hurt I was going to go get my mom a thank you card and flowers for all that she does for me. She came and stayed Monday night and picked up Jenna for me this week since I threw out my back. I headed to Food Lion in Greenville grabbed her some flowers, a card, and of course I had to get Josh some gummy worms. They are his favorite and he had been pretty sweet with me feeling bad. I headed to moms and was going to drop off the flowers and leave b/c I wanted it to be a surprise. Well just  as soon as I was pulling out the driveway she was coming. I was caught. She was so appreciative of her flowers and it made me feel so good for her to know just how much I appreciate and love her. I was headed home, tired and with a couple of groceries thinking what am I going to cook. I came in and Jenna was eating, Josh was cooking, and there is sat the mystery flower. It is the most little teeny tiny thing, it looked like it was kind of on its last leg but it was the sweetest little mystery flower ever. I asked Josh what kind it was and he said he had no clue. There wasn't anything on it at all to let me know what kind it is. As, I ate my dinner that Josh had cooked and watched Jenna eating. I glanced at that little plant. It symbolized something to me. Things may not always be a romance novel at my house, most places aren't but..... I am a very blessed girl to have a husband that loves me, a beautiful healthy daughter, a nice home, and the sweetest mom in the world. Life throws you curve balls constantly but always try to look at the end of the tunnel and I am sure you will to find that little mystery flower!

No comments:

Post a Comment