Tuesday, April 30, 2013

TURN IT UP TUESDAY IS BACK!

Ok everyone, I am going to try this thing again! I have missed blogging so much and I know that it is a known stress reliever for me so here goes! And to think I decided to start back on what just so happens to be a Turn It Up Tuesday  who would have ever thought it :) Well, I chose a song today that came to my mind tonight. Its an old song, but the lyrics ring so true tonight in my ear. The song is Time by Hootie and the Blowfish! I have come to know TIME all to well this last year. Time is what will heal a broken heart. No, I am not saying that I am healed over Mikes passing I miss him everyday and I am sure that I will until the day I die, but I have learned to be able to get through the days without feeling like I can't catch my breath when I think about the pain of loosing him. I have also seen how TIME has changed so many things and so quickly. I watched my little baby become a little girl so fast. I look at her everyday and wonder where my little Pee Tom went. I look at how in just two years Josh and I have went to having 6 parents down to 4 and one of the 4 is not ever going to be the same again. I look at how TIME has changed my mom and that she will be marrying someone else in a couple of weeks when it only feels like yesterday when I was holding her as I wiped her tears telling her that it was all going to be ok. TIME is the main thing in this world and in everyday life. How we spend it, what we do with it, how we manage it, and so many other things. I think now more than ever that we all need to examine our time and HOW we spend it. We are all so CONSUMED in work, technology, social events, and so much more that we lose sight of whats really important in life. Our faith, family, and friends are the things that matter most! I feel like I have run myself thin (as we all have) and I have missed some of the very things that I will think about when I get old and gray and sitting on the porch thinking about all that TIME that I really did have. It's time that we all slow down and stop feeling like TIME isn't a friend of ours! Let us all embrace the TIME that we do have here on earth and cherish it with the ones that we love most!


1 comment:

  1. So glad to see you back! Great post and very well said. I complain every day about not having enough time...I need to enjoy what I do have and stop complaining so much!

    ReplyDelete