Today is Thoughtful Thursday. I started thinking that I have had so many people do thoughtful things for me in my life time. I have had flowers, surprise visits, cards, gifts, food, and the list goes on and on. One of the things that sticks out the most is my last Valentines present from Josh. Josh and I decided the last two years that instead of spending a bunch of money that we would start making our gifts. The gift has to be made and you can only buy the materials. It really makes you think because of course you want something sweet it's Valentine's Day for crying out loud! I had made a pillow out of one of his mom's shirt and he was beyond excited about it. He on the other hand out did himself. I had to wait until 10 pm that night to finally get mine. He made sure that Jenna was asleep and had me walk out to the shop with him. On the way out there he grabbed my hand and told me the story behind what he did. He said he thought long and hard at what he could do to prove his love. He thought about how when you were small that people would carve there names into a tree to show everyone they were dating someone and it made it official. I walked into the shop and their it was. He had found the oldest looking pole in the shop and carved a heart with the date that we started dating. It was the sweetest thing ever! Then he had the carving tool and we carved our names into the heart. The most important thing is this present didn't cost a dime, but it was the true thought behind it. Not very many men would think of something so sweet and thoughtful. It's the little things that really make everything worth while. So, today on Thoughtful Thursday go do something thoughtful for someone!
Thursday, May 2, 2013
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
.jpg)

No comments:
Post a Comment